The satanic temple is set to open their headquarters in Salem, Massachusetts. The nationally recognized political and religious organization will open the doors of its new command center on Friday, September 23rd, 2016.
- Town made famous for witch trials over 300 years ago will soon be home to 40,000-strong movement
- Headquarters will be based in home not far from where dozens of villagers suspected of witchcraft were executed in 1690
- Locals will be able to take in art installations and lectures offered up by the movement
- Salem officials say there has been almost no protest heard from local residents
- Temple is a political movement which made a name for itself in highly publicized battles over separation of church and state
The building is a former funeral home, located right next to an elementary school. Salem officials say they are currently working to understand the temple’s intended use better. Organization spokesman Lucien Greaves says the Satanic Temple “isn’t an attack on anybody” and stressed that members wouldn’t be going door to door or affecting neighbors’ lives in any way….. [read more]